Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Made similar to a Chocolate Eclair Cake, but with a layer of pie filling and no chocolate. Can be made with "full sugar and fat" items, but as many in my family are trying to watch our diets, I make as lite as possible. Allow time for cake to set in fridge. You may use canned vanilla frosting, but I make a modified version of Sugar-Free Frosting "Sugar-free frosting"
- 2 (1 ounce) packages sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) box cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 (21 ounce) cans reduced sugar apple pie filling or 2 (21 ounce) cans no-sugar-added apple pie filling
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip, thawed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl mix the pudding mix, milk, whipped topping and nutmeg.
- Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with 1 package of cinnamon graham crackers.
- Top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture.
- Layer with another layer of graham crackers.
- Spread the both cans of the apple pie filling over the crackers.
- Top with another layer of graham crackers.
- Layer with remaining pudding mixture.
- Layer with remaining graham crackers.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together and spread over top layer of graham crackers. Your might need to microwave for a 10 seconds or so to make frosting easier to spread.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- (Note: if using canned frosting, heat in microwave for 10 seconds, until easy to spread. Mix in cinnamon and spread over the top layer of graham crackers.).