Recipe by Danielle K.
A quick Apple Pie Recipe
Top Review by ATLKarin
While this recipe produced a pie that tasted absoutely great, it lost a couple of stars due to the way it looked (mushy and indescript), as well as not holding together at when trying to transfer each slice to a plate. I made and served it at a dinner party, and everyone's portions disappeared right away. But, as an attractive and appealing way to end the meal, this fell short of my expectations.
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, 1 ½ cups water, gelatin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 4-6 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Combine the pudding mix and remaining water; add to apple mixture.
- Cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Pour into the crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping.