Recipe by thesinglebite
My super easy and fast apple crisp made in a skillet! To make it a little healthier just skip the butter, put a little water in the pan with the apples, cover and steam.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This recipe makes for a very, very delicious little healthy snack and tastes very much like a real apple crisp. Id love to give it 5 stars, however as written I found it a bit too syrupy, buttery and cinnamony. Next time Im making it, Id use only 1 ts of margarine, no syrup at all and only 1/8 ts of cinnamon. But I guess that is very much a matter of personal taste. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, thesinglebite!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine, like Earth Balance (or regular butter or margarine)
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup granola cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and stir. Cook until tender 5-8 minutes.
- Drizzle apples with agave nectar and stir to evenly coat. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until nice and gooey!
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and top with granola.