Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Since getting a springform pan for my birthday, I've been collecting cheesecake recipes and finding the ones I had in my flies. This one was scribbled on an index card from who-knows-when. I hate not to give credit where it's due, but that was before Zaar. I love 7-UP and who doesn't love strawberries?? The passive time is chill time.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage, 7-UP brand
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon pudding mix, small, not instant
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jelly, melted
- fresh strawberries
- CRUST: Combine well the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and partway up sides of buttered 9" springform pan; chill.
- FILLING: Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/4 cup 7-up for 4 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine pie filling, sugar, beaten eggs and water. Blend well.
- Add 1-1/4 cup 7-up and bring just to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Stir in softened gelatin; cool 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of this warm mixture to softened cream cheese; mash together.
- Mix together with remaining 7-up mixture and stir until well blended.
- Turn into chilled crust and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from pan and add topping.
- TOPPING: Brush top of chilled cheesecake with melted jelly.
- Arrange strawberries upright on cake and spoon any remaining melted jelly over them.