Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Genius cake, that is so rich and delicious! Modified from allrecipes.com
Make and share this No-Bake 7 Layer Passover Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave by heating at 30 second intervals, and stirring between each one. When chocolate is almost melted, just remove from the microwave and stir until smooth. Set aside. (or just melt the chocolate by your favorite method). Adding a hazelnut flavored liquor to the chocolate will make this cake even more delicious!
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks one at a time until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with a pinch of superfine sugar until stiff.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the sugar mixture, then fold in the egg whites (carefully - fold in, do not mix).
- Pour 1/4 of the bottle of wine into an 8x8 inch baking dish (you may need to add more later).
- Soak one of the matzo sheets briefly on both sides, then remove to a serving platter (if you soak too long, it will break apart and become hard to work with).
- Spread a thin layer of the chocolate cream over the soaked matzo.
- Continue soaking and layering the matzos and chocolate cream, leaving enough of the chocolate mixture to frost the sides when finished.
- Press chopped nuts onto the sides, or sprinkle them on top for garnish.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow the chocolate and wine to blend flavors.