Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted to take a Mexican dip to a party, but one set of friends hates refried beans and another can't stand avocado. After an extensive search, I decided to combine a few of the different recipes here and this is what I came up with. I didn't have any left over to bring home...
- 8 ounces cream cheese (lowfat or fat free is fine)
- 8 ounces sour cream (lowfat or fat free is fine)
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups salsa (how hot depends on you)
- 3 cups diced lettuce
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (or a reduced fat cheese if you wish, use more if you love cheese)
- 3⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced green pepper (small pieces)
- 8 pitted black olives, sliced thinly
- hot banana peppers or jalapeno, slices (if desired)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Spread mixture evenly on an oval platter or"medium" pizza pan size plate.
- Cover evenly with salsa, a good thick layer.
- The pan size will determine how much you need.
- Sprinkle lettuce evenly all over.
- Top evenly with diced tomatoes and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly with green pepper, then green onion, then the black olives and banana pepper/jalapeno slices (optional).
- Serve immediately with nacho chips (I like Tostidas, heavier style chips should be heated in the oven first for 5 minutes at 350F to make them crispier).