Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my own recipe, opening night was 15 years ago (I don’t remember what was the occasion), and since than this meal was always marked as excellent. I prepare it for special days: birthdays, promotions, as a gift, or just for fun. Anyone who reads this recipe can change fillings, no hard feelings Use imagination.
- 800 g boneless veal steaks
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 50 g ham (Croatian pr ut)
- 10 g black olives
- 50 g goat cheese or 50 g sheep's milk cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups red wine (red if you want dark sauce, white = white sauce) or 2 cups white wine (red if you want dark sauce, white = white sauce)
- 3 g green peppercorns (green,berries)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 lemon (sliced in rounds)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Hit the veal steaks hard to make large thin steaks.
- Pour over each few drops of Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Than put on each steak sliced ham (“pršut”), cheese, olive and thyme. Close the steaks and tide each with a thread like a parcel.
- Roll each stake in flour and fry them in a pan (use olive oil, but not too much).
- When steaks become brownish, pour wine and cook 10 minutes. Pour beef stock and add 2 lemon rounds.
- Cook about 30 min, or until meat is soft; than take out the meat, put 2 teaspoons of mustard in sauce, cook two more minutes, add cream and put back the meat. Cook two minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley leaves on it. I recommend cranberry jam with it.