1/4 Photos of Nitko’s Simple Vanilla Ice-Cream (Without Machine)
3 hrs 40 mins
This is very simple recipe and you do not have to have the Ice-cream machine. You just have to have a lot of time. You have to use real vanilla stick and vanilla sugar package. We in Croatia have 10 g packages and it is enough to use two. I’ve tried this recipe several times and it was great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yolks and sugar into a foamy mixture (use pot you’ll lately cook on steam).
- 2Heat cream and vanilla stick until boils. Let it cool until 50°C Take out vanilla stick and cut it just to remove inside seeds and “meat”. Put the seeds and “meat” into egg mixture and mix (use hand mixer). You will see small black dots - do not worry, they are vanilla seeds and they will get you the real flavor; use them.
- 3Constantly mixing pour cream into egg mixture, slowly. When finished pouring cream you will get creamy mixture with a lot of foam. Do not worry, put this mixture on steam and cook mixing all the time.
- 4IMPORTANT: DO NOT HEAT OVER 70°C (155°F) or you will get scrambled eggs. When you remove all the foam, and the cream sticks to the ladle like a fine coating it is time to pour mixture into a pot you will put into a freezer.
- 5When the mixture is cool enough to put it into a freezer, put it inches after 30 minutes take it out and mix it either with hand or on a lowest speed with an electric mixer. Do it several times during 2-3 hours or until you are sure all crystals are removed. This amount must be enough for about 500 g of ice cream.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nitko’s Simple Vanilla Ice-Cream (Without Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 228.3 mg
- Sodium 42.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: