Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my way of preparing mushroom sauce. It goes very good with any kind of meat, pasta, rice and gnocchi.
- 300 g mushrooms (wild mushroom preferably)
- 40 g butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper (green, berries)
- 100 ml brandy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 50 g cream (cooking cream)
- 30 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- Cut mushrooms into pieces. Melt butter and put mushrooms and green pepper.
- Cook covered until mushrooms soften (10 min.) Uncover, pour brandy and flambé. When fire is over, add nutmeg, salt, pepper and a little water.
- Cook until water almost evaporate (brown sauce must remain) than add cream and parmesan and mix until cheese melts. It depends how thick sauce you want add more cream or grated parmesan. At the end add parsley leaves and serve: goes excellent with steaks.
Made this to go over noodles as I had mushrooms and cream to finish off. Didn't have pepperberries. Very nice.