Recipe by nitko
After I browsed through the recipes on this portal I decided to submit mine. Here are good egg sandwiches with not too many ingredients (mayonnaise, cheese, bacon, etc.) covering the egg flavor. I like simple food and this is simple; well, it is the result of being hungry and having an empty refrigerator. In Croatia we don’t have bagels; we have kind of morning rolls like hamburger rolls with a cross on the top. You can use even one day old rolls. So this is how it goes:
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the roll in half.
- Pour olive oil into a non-stick frying pan; heat oil; fry soft sides of roll until they become toasted; remove from pan.
- Scramble egg well; add salt and pepper if you like. Pour egg into hot pan and fry like an omelet.
- Cut the tomato into round slices.
- Prepare basil leaves.
- When egg is done, put it on the toasted roll; add tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Cover with top side of roll and enjoy.
- Basil will be a surprise for your palate.