Recipe by nitko
This is meal I made yesterday having nothing but chicken fillets at home (all other is always somewhere). I did not have much time so I have marinated schnitzels for just 30 minutes; it should be more, but anyway, there were nice. Serve with “rizi-bizi” (see on Zaar). This is how it goes:
Top Review by BarbryT
VERY flavorful. Nice lemon flavor but more complex with the sage and rosemary notes. I did use chicken broth in place of water for the light sauce--since I had it open in the refrigerator. A lovely entree. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 150 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 g salt
- 1 g fresh sage (fresh leave)
- 2 g fresh rosemary (fresh leaves)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed juice)
- 3 g garlic (or 1 clove)
- 4 g pepper (mixed peppercorns, freshly grounded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flour (all purpose)
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- You should get three nice schnitzels out of 150 g chicken breasts. Beat them into thin schnitzels. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Put them into a plate, pour over olive oil and lemon juice. Cut garlic into 5 pieces, cut rosemary leaves and sage leave (do it (sage and rosemary) with hand not knife). Mix all ingredients and leave to marinate up to 3 hours.
- Heat the pan (best Teflon one). Remove schnitzels from marinade and save the marinade.
- Fry schnitzels until gold (you can pour some of the olive oil from marinade on schnitzels while frying), remove them and pour what is left from marinade into the pan (including garlic, rosemary and sage).
- Fry garlic just 1 minute, add flour, stir and add water.
- Deglaze meat juices until water evaporates to half and pour over schnitzels and rizi-bizi or rice; or whatever you are serving with.