Recipe by nitko
This soup was an experiment, it turned out excellent. My intention was to use kohlrabi differently (in Croatia we use it only for two meals: stew and another stew), so I tried to make a soup. This is how it goes:
- 100 g onions (baby spring onions)
- 20 g celery (green sprigs)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 400 g kohlrabi
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- 100 g heavy cream
- 15 g pancetta
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 10 g salt
- 2 g pepper (white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut spring onions and kohlrabi and sauté it in mixture of olive oil and butter.
- When it gets soft add celery, garlic, salt, pepper and water (1 liter+) and cook 20-30 minutes on easy fire.
- When the vegetable is soft take blender or stick blender to make creamy mixture. Add semolina into soup.
- In the meantime cut pancetta into very thin pieces and fry them until crunchy. Put the pancetta onto a paper towel to soak fat.
- Cook blended soup for 10-15 minutes more. Before serving add heavy cream and parsley. Serve with croutons.