Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
On wings of great success with Kohlrabi soup I decided to try some other vegetables. Next was broccoli.
- Cut spring onions, garlic and broccoli and sauté it on mixture of olive oil and butter for just 2-3 minutes.
- Add water (1 liter+) salt, pepper and celery and cook 30 minutes or until broccoli become soft.
- When it become soft use blender or stick blender to make a creamy soup. Add semolina and cook for 10 more minutes.
- In the meantime cut pancetta into very thin pieces and fry them until crunchy. Put the pancetta onto a paper towel to soak fat.
- When the soup is ready to serve add heavy cream. Serve with croutons and pancetta sprinkled over croutons.