Nita Holleman's Note:
Here is a recipe for delicious Shrimp well prepared and seasoned. Versatile too. See options in Nita's Notes. Serve with steamed rice, salad or a green vegetable and Garlic French Bread. Enjoy! Nita Holleman, 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled,tails left on,deveined,rinsed with cold water,drained
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed,peeled,minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chipped fresh chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt or 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- paprika, for sprinkling
- 1Peel (leave tails on), devein and rinse shrimp with cold water.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Prepare garlic and set aside.
- 4Chop chives.
- 5Squeeze lemon.
- 6Combine chives with mustard (optional), lemon juice.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Heat a large saucepan over low heat.
- 9Add butter and melt.
- 10Add shrimp and stir-fry keeping them turned for 3 minutes or until just pink.
- 11DO NOT OVERCOOK OR SHRIMP WILL BE TOUGH AND TASTELESS!
- 12Add minced garlic during last minute of cooking.
- 13Remove from heat, add mustard (optional), lemon juice, chives, salt to taste.
- 14Stir to combine.
- 15Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- 16Divide and place in heated serving bowls.
- 17Serve with steamed white rice and a salad or steamed green vegetable, and garlic French Bread.
- 19*NITA'S TIP: Large shrimp are quicker and easier to prepare and worth the price!
- 20If you use extra large (jumbo) shrimp, you will need to cook them for about 4 minutes.
- 21**NITA'S TIP: You can use fresh basil or parsley and make the same recipe.
- 22Then you would have Basil Butter or Parsley Butter.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nita's Shrimp with Chive & Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 406.6 mg
- Sodium 1082.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 46.7 g