Recipe by Lusil
This is one of my all time favorites. This variation has an Italian twist to it. I typically serve this over garlic mashed potatoes to catch the delicious gravy it makes. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs chicken parts
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 2 tablespoons crushed basil
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in shortening.
- Drain off fat.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except artichokes) and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and heat through.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.