Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mom had several B&C casseroles that she would make to keep things interesting, but we would always request (beg) that she make this one.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cracker, crushed (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (optional)
- Bring water and salt to boil in a pot.
- Add both boxes of broccoli and cook/stir over low heat until cooked through, but not overcooked.
- Drain well.
- Combine eggs, mayo, milk, soup, worcestershire and cheese in a bowl until well incorporated; add broccoli and mix.
- Spray a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish with a non-stick spray.
- Pour in broccoli mixture (will be slightly thick).
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; top casserole (I don't do this, just as good without it).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until brown and top and no longer"wiggly" in the center.