Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the "Cook Islands Cook Book".
- 1 medium pawpaw, half-ripe
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cooked cold meat
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Fry the onion in the oil over a low heat.
- Cut the top off the pawpaw, scoop out the seeds.
- Put all other ingredients into a bowl and mix all together.
- Fill the pawpaw with the mixture.
- Replace the top of the pawpaw securing with toothpicks.
- Brush the outside with oil or butter.
- Bake at 350 deg F until the vegetable is soft[about 45 minutes].
- Serve with gravy or tomato sauce.