Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Very Rich, very yummy
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 4 yellow onions, diced
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups half-and-half cream (10% milk fat)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Brown the chicken on medium heat in large no-stick skillet until cooked.
- Reserve the chicken.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet.
- add the diced onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrots and cook 10 minutes.
- Mix the chicken stock with the water and pour over the vegetables. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the vegetables and cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 of a cup.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add the cream. The sauce should thicken.
- Add the chicken and cook until heated through.
- Recipee can be served over rice.