Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 min
OMG! My friend in Germany took my to a Thai restaurant that had lemonade with ginger and basil. I thought to myself "What a wacky combination!" So I decided to try it. OMG! OMG! The ground moved, the clouds parted and I heard angel voices singing in 4 part harmony. It was that good. This, is as close as I can come to replicate that glass of beverage perfection I found in Germany. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. (The only thing that could make this more perfect is vodka.)
- 3 (4 g) packetsof crystal light lemonade (the kind made to flavor water bottles)
- 3 (12 ounce) cansof fizzy water (seltzer, mineral water with gas, club soda)
- fresh ginger
- Mix the water and lemondade mix together.
- Rip apart basil into pieces according to your taste prefference.
- Grate fresh ginger into lemonade according to how much or how little you like.
You did not exaggerate. It IS nirvana. Made it tonight, using fresh-squeezed lemons and used still water, not carbonated. Next time, I'll sweeten it with a basil/ginger infused simple syrup, and maybe serve it over crushed ice... Very refreshing, beguiling flavors and the kids even liked it!
I enjoyed this quite a bit -- I made it using club soda, lemon juice and sugar. I think I added too little ginger, but I could definitely taste the basil.
okay so I wasn't that crazy about this lemonade, I don't know if it was the diet crystal light taste that I didn't care for or if I got to heavy handed with the basil but it just wasn't nirvana for me :( I will try it once more using fresh lemons or country time and see how it goes, thanks for sharing, I just need to tweak this a bit.