Recipe by Tinat51796
My sister used to make something kind of like this. I'm posting it here to save it. Time doesn't include time to boil eggs
Top Review by Lakerdog2
I really enjoyed these. A nice change from plain old eggs. I used green bell, didn't have any red. I also used red onion over green, just personal preference. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped ripe olives
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Mix cheese, olives, red or green pepper, onions, eggs, catsup and mustard until well combined.
- Arrange buttered English muffins on a baking sheet and broil until cut sides are slightly browned. Remove from oven and divide egg mixture evenly among the 8 muffin halves, spread it to edges.
- Broil, about 4 inches from heat, until cheese is melted and lightly browned. 3 to 5 minutes. Serves 4, 2 muffin halves each.
- To save time, you can make the filling ahead, then spread and broil the muffins in the morning. This is also good with a slice of ham on the bun before you spread the egg mixture.