Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
My sister used to make something kind of like this. I'm posting it here to save it. Time doesn't include time to boil eggs
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped ripe olives
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat broiler. Mix cheese, olives, red or green pepper, onions, eggs, catsup and mustard until well combined.
- Arrange buttered English muffins on a baking sheet and broil until cut sides are slightly browned. Remove from oven and divide egg mixture evenly among the 8 muffin halves, spread it to edges.
- Broil, about 4 inches from heat, until cheese is melted and lightly browned. 3 to 5 minutes. Serves 4, 2 muffin halves each.
- To save time, you can make the filling ahead, then spread and broil the muffins in the morning. This is also good with a slice of ham on the bun before you spread the egg mixture.
I really enjoyed these. A nice change from plain old eggs. I used green bell, didn't have any red. I also used red onion over green, just personal preference. Thanks for sharing!