Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Place Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, chives, basil and onion powder in Mini Master Prep Bowl. Secure top and pulse in quick bursts until Parmesan cheese is almost grated. If starting with grated Parmesan cheese, pulse until herbs are finely chopped.
- Remove top and use a spoon to push mixture down, away from the walls of the bowl.
- Add cream cheese, re-secure top and pulse in quick bursts for 15 seconds, until cheese and herbs are well combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- BOB'S TIPS: Just about any fresh herbs work well in this recipe. Try oregano or thyme in place of the basil or even 2 teaspoons of dried Italian seasoning if you're in a pinch. Low-fat or even fat-free cream cheese works great too for the best low-fat dip around.
Great! I don't have a Ninja, so used my stick blender. I think it would work with a mini-processor, also. Flavor is wonderful. Reminds me of the Alouette Herb Cheese spread. I actually made 2 batches, one as written, and one with fresh tarragon instead of basil. Many possibilities as far as herb combos go. Thanks for a great spread.