Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cucumber, large, sliced thick
- 1⁄4 onion, small white
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, cider
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- Peel cucumber, and then slice in half lengthwise. Spoon out the softer, seed filled portion in the center and discard. Quarter the peeled and cleaned cucumber halves to fit into the Mini Master Prep Bowl.
- Place cucumber and all other ingredients in the Mini Master a Prep Bowl. Secure the top and pulse in quick bursts for about 15 seconds, until cucumber and onion are diced well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to let the flavors mingle.
- Cook time is chill time.
- BOB'S TIPS: Try adding pimentos to the relish in the first step to bring a little more color to the table. Omit the sugar and add a clove of garlic and 2 sprigs of fresh dill for a fresh dill relish.
Many thanks for this wonderfully easy to prepare relish! Made as given, & thoroughly enjoyed! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]
Easy and tasty too! I served this as a salad with Mozzarello Portobellos. Yum! Thanks! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
Great little cucumber relish Ro! I made this for our New Year's Eve buffet and also served it next day too. I do not have a Ninja, so I used my trusty little paring knife to chop everything very finely. The mix of sugar, vinegar and celery salt was spot on. Thanks, made for Make my Recipe in the Aus forum. FT:-)