Recipe by William Ricardi
This recipe was a total fluke! I accidently added powdered sugar to a recipe that called for brown sugar. Since I was going rogue anyway, I added my little flairs. The result was amazing! These taste like those fancy butter cookies that you buy in the gourmet cookie packages. The ratio of powdered sugar to grain sugar and the added cinnimon are the keys, apparently. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup real butter, softened
- 1 cup loose powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir or mix together flour, salt, and cinnamon.
- Combine dry mixture and set aside.
- In mixer bowl combine soft butter, eggs, and sugars until blended.
- Gradually add the dry mixture a third of a cup at a time, blending well.
- Create about thirty mounds, placed well apart, onto lightly greased or nonstick baking sheets.
- Bake until the bottoms of the cookies are brown (12 to 14 minutes).
- Cool on wire racks.