Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
- 1 avocado, skinned and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- Place avocado , line juice, cilantro and salt in Master Prep Pitcher. Secure top and pulse for 10 seconds until combined.
- Open pour sprout on top of Pitcher and pulse the mixture in 10 second bursts as you slowly drizzle in the canola oil in a thin, yarn-thick stream. Combine this process until all of the canola oil has been combined and mayonnaise is dense and creamy.
- Cover and store refrigerated for up to one week.
- BOB'S TIPS: Set out all of your ingredients before cutting into the avocado to keep it from turning brown before you've had the chance to turn it into mayonnaise. The acidity of the lime juice will stop the process dead in its tracks.
This was great!! Made minus the cilantro (do NOT like the stuff) and had with smoked ham wrapped in a cheddar jalapeno tortilla. Next time will put a little less oil so it will be thicker; maybe the cilantro helped to thicken it since it gave it more of a chunky consistency. Made for 1-2-3-Hits March 2010.
Wow, I really liked this mayo! I admit I eyeballed the ingredients, so not exact measurements were used. I slathered on toast and served with a poached egg. Thanks mightyro! Made for Newest Zaar tag.