Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just love that Ninfa lady and all her tex-mexi goodness! Someone posted the green one... here is the red one!
- 5 lbs fresh ripe, whole tomatoes (cored, don't peel)
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 fresh jalapenos
- 2 ounces by weight fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tomatoes and jalapenos in a pan and roast for 30 min or until charred. (Giving it it's roasted flavor and removing the acidity).
- Saute the onion in hot oil until translucent and let cool.
- Blend everything for 15 seconds in a blender -- but don't overblend!