Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is a fabulous recipe from our school secretary where I work. My family loves it. My DD had me make this twice last week.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 (1 ounce) package burrito seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 3 -4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 cups corn chips, nacho cheese
- 1 -2 cup avocado dip (depending upon taste)
- 1 -2 cup sour cream (depending upon taste)
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger in large skillet and drain off liquid.
- Make a space in middle of ground beef and put in garlic, then olive oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes then mix up well with beef.
- Add burrito mix, cumin, and oregano, and salt to taste.
- Add green onions, olives, and bell pepper.
- Last add beans and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by putting a thin layer of meat in 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread 1/2 of nacho cheese chips, pressing down gently to crush slightly.
- Spread 1/2 of meat mixture across evenly over chips.
- ***Spread 1/2 of avocado dip and 1/2 of sour cream across meat.
- Spread 1/2 of cheese across avocado/sour cream mixture.
- Repeat layers starting with chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with salad on side.
- ***My DS doesn't like either sour cream or Avocado and I made this without this layer and it turned out just as great. I had avocado dip and sour cream on side.