Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was submitted to a local Methodist church's cookbook by Jack Lorenzo, Ninfa's son.Ninfa Lorenzo was the owner/chef of a Mexican restaurant with several locations around the Houston area.Everything that I've ever had at her restaurant is great- Tex-Mex at its finest!You may increase the amount of garlic,cilantro,or pepper sauce according to your taste.
- 1 ripe avocado (soft to the touch)
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml milk
- 4.92 ml onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, mashed to a pulp with 1/4 t. salt
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 29.58-44.37 ml lemon juice
- Peel avocado and mash to a smooth pulp.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend with a whisk.
- Let stand for at least an hour before serving to develop flavor.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
When I lived in Houston, I frequented Ninfa's. I always had this green sauce. I love it. I am really glad to have the recipe now. I just made my first batch. Easy & tasty.
This stuff ROCKS! I've made it quite a few times already. We love it on almost anything mexcan! My favorite is stirring a bit into rice. Great on tacos and so on. Thanks for sharing! :)
LOVE IT- this is almost always in our fridge. I sometimes use lime instead of lemon. Great snack !