Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from "Dining on a Dime" by Tawra Kellam and has become my recipe of choice for making rolls and pocket sandwiches. *I have made some very minor adjustments to this but it is essentially Tawra's recipe. Gotta give credit where credit is due!
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add milk and water and heat until very warm, 120-130 degrees.
- While milk is heating, mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add warmed milk/butter to dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add 1/4 cup flour and beat 2 minutes on high.
- Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough. Knead 2-3 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 12 pieces and shape into balls.
- Place in 8 inch cake pan, brush with oil, and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy!