This recipe comes from "Dining on a Dime" by Tawra Kellam and has become my recipe of choice for making rolls and pocket sandwiches. *I have made some very minor adjustments to this but it is essentially Tawra's recipe. Gotta give credit where credit is due!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in small saucepan. Add milk and water and heat until very warm, 120-130 degrees.
- 2While milk is heating, mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- 3Add warmed milk/butter to dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- 4Add 1/4 cup flour and beat 2 minutes on high.
- 5Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough. Knead 2-3 minutes.
- 6Place in greased bowl and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 7Divide into 12 pieces and shape into balls.
- 8Place in 8 inch cake pan, brush with oil, and let rise for 15 minutes.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ninety Minute Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g