Recipe by Mary in Clearwater
I found this recipe a few years ago and have adopted this as my official best cinnamon rolls of all time. I make it every Christmas. I like it because I pour the extra cinnamon and brown sugar that is left in the bottom of the muffin tins,over the cinnamon rolls. This way the whole cinnamon roll is like the best part, the center.
Top Review by crickert13
This was my first attempt at yeast cinnamon rolls and I found the perfect recipe on the first try! These are soooo yummy and easy, too! I baked mine in a 9x13" pan and they came out perfect. Thank you for this recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package instant yeast
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well.Add Water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 1-0 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, soften butter.
- Roll out dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with butter/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Roll up dough and pinch seem to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Be sure to put muffin tin on a cookie sheet to prevent any possible spills. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm.