Recipe by Manda
A tried-and-true staple in my family!! This is a wonderful salad with many different tastes and textures. The water chestnuts and peas add a wonderful crunch. Great to take to pot-lucks and picnics. You can add more or less of each ingredient to suit your taste, but I listed the amounts I usually use.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3 -4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 6 -7 radishes, sliced
- 7 ounces cans black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, fried,drained,and crumbled (or Baco's)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large salad bowl, layer ingredients in order given, except for mayonnaise, sugar, and bacon.
- In separate bowl, combine mayonnaise and sugar, and mix well.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over top of salad.
- Top with bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Toss to serve, or use large spoon to dig through layers to get a little bit of everything for each serving.