Recipe by smellyvegetarian
From the 12 Best Foods Cookbook by Dana Jacobi, with a few tweaks from me. Cook time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Katzen
Beautiful, healthy, easy salad! I made this for the week's lunches today, keeping the dressing separate - I'll toss two portions together each morning - simple! I added both broccoli and cauliflower, doubling the other veggies. The dressing is so delicious! Thanks for posting, Smelly! Made for my adopted chef, in Veggie Swap 20.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 cup broccoli floret (or cauliflower)
- 4 green pepper rings
- 4 red bell pepper rings
- 2 slices onions
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas (or black beans)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-cup plastic container, combine vinegar through salt. Shake gently to combine.
- Add the oil and black pepper. Cover tightly and shake vigorously to blend.
- Ideally you'll want to set this aside for an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Combine salad ingredients to the container. Cover and shake vigorously to coat. Serve immediately or marinate for 2-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with almonds to serve.