Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
YUM! YUM! and not a lot of work. A hit every time I have served it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 can sliced peach, reserve juice
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooked rice
- oil (for frying)
- Drain peach slices& save syrup.
- Mix pork with bread crumbs,ginger,soy sauce& pepper.
- Shape into balls or small patties& roll/dredge in cornstarch.
- Brown in oil& remove from pan- pour off all excess fat.
- Add peach syrup& vinegar to pan.
- Stir/cook until thickened.
- Return meat to pan, cover& cook over low heat 20- 30 minutes.
- Add celery, onions& peaches.
- Cook, covered, an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.