Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
GREEN GRAMS Nimona is prepared and eaten widely in north Uttar Pradesh.
Make and share this Nimona (Green Grams) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup green gram
- 1 cup soya granules
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 3 green chilies
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder (cumin)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhaniya)
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups water
- Put the the soya chunks in the boiled water and keep it for 3 or 4 min and take it out.
- Make a coarse paste of the green grams,ginger and garlic and keep in a bowl.
- Pour oil in a frying pan(kadhai) and heat, put the cumin seed and after it is roasted ,put the paste of green grams and fry it for 3-4 minute Then keep them on a plate.
- In the leftover oil in the pan, put Jeera and chillies(which are cut vertical and thin pieces) . After it is roasted add finely chopped onion sorte it for 3 min then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, grated ginger and garlic,salt and tomato(chopped) stir and fry it till it is partially cooked.
- Now Put the fried green grams paste and boiled soya chunks in the pan.Now add 1 1/2 cup water and boil it for another 9-10 minutes at slow flame. Turn off the gas and mix garam masala to the curry and Green coriander.
- Nimona is ready, take it out in a bowl then garnish with green coriander and 1 tsp Ghee.
- Serve hot Nimona with rice.