Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for ZWT6. From worldcook.htm. Guessing at the servings!
- 200 g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- Mix all ingredients with 75 gram water to a dough.
- Form about 20 balls and cut these horizontally and vertically with a knife into diamonds.
- Deep fry the nimki a few minutes until golden brown.
A quick crunchy snack. I couldn't understand the instructions about the cutting, so I had to do a little research. "Roll out dough on a floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Perforate all over with a fork and cut into 1 inch strips. Cut strips diagonally to make about 30 diamond shapes." from tajrecipe.com made sense to me. I would add more coriander next time, as the taste was a little bland. I panfried rather than deepfried, which seemed to work ok. I also did one set in the oven (sprayed with pam) and preferred that drier texture.