Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever . Please note that the cooking time is actually setting time for the flavors to blend. You will still need to place it in the fridge for an hour or two. This sounds like a nice drink that I would try.
- 4 lemons, juicy (Nimbu)
- 8 cups water
- 10 honey dates, pitted and halved (Khajoor)
- 1⁄3 cup honey (Shahad)
- Cut the lemons in halves crosswise.
- Remove the zest from 6 of the halves and squeeze out the juice.
- Slice the remaining 2 lemon halves into thin rounds.
- Place the water and the dates in a sauce pan and gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Next add the zest and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the honey, lemon juice & lemon slices, and set aside, loosely covered, for 8-12 hours.
- Strain through a muslin lined sieve and place in fridge to chill.
- For best results, serve in chilled glasses with no ice. .
Great refreshing drink on a hot day!!! This is a bit tarter then normal lemonade and gets its sweetness from the dates and honey, which makes for a smoother flavor/taste. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.