1/9 Photos of Nilla Wafers Original Banana Pudding
From Cook.com. In a Ted Allen blog, he gave the link to this recipe as his favorite way to make this pudding. Once you'll make it, you'll be hooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler.
- 2Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk; blend well.
- 3Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 4Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat; add vanilla.
- 6Spread small amount on bottom of 1 1/2 quart casserole; cover with layer of Nilla Wafers. Top with layer of sliced bananas.
- 7Pour about 1/3 of the custard over bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make 3 layers each, ending with custard.
- 8Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon on top of pudding, spreading to cover entire surface and sealing well to edges.
- 9Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes or until delicately browned.
- 10Cool slightly or chill.
- 11Just before serving, garnish with banana slices, then stand Nilla Wafers upright around edge of dish.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nilla Wafers Original Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 245.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g