Ginny S.'s Note:
Delightful Dessert. A new twist on an old favorite. Serve with whip topping or vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled granny smith apples (about 4 large/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats or 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cold margarine
- 25 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
- 1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Lite or 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350°F Toss apples with 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 teaspoons of the cinnamon.
- 2Spoon into 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- 3COMBINE oats, the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon in medium bowl.
- 4Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Add wafer crumbs; mix well. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- 6BAKE 30 to 35 minute or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cooled. Top with whipped topping or Vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nilla Wafers Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 81.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g