Recipe by looneytunesfan
I came across this recipe in a recent supermarket cookbook and thought it looked really good. Saving here to make at a future date.
Top Review by Mrs.Habu
This was excellent. I also used part skim ricotta but I used full fat creat cheese and cool whip. It was a very rich dessert so next time I'll try fat-free or low fat ingredients. The orange zest gave this a very orangey flavour which was great and it tasted as though I'd used orange chocolate. Next time, I'll also make this in a smaller pan so that the cake can be thicker with more layers. I'll be making this again for sure as it was very easy to make and I was able to make it ahead of time (the day before my party). Thanks.
- 1 large seedless orange
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 65 vanilla wafers, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- GRATE the orange peel; set aside. Peel or cut away any remaining white membrane from outside of orange; discard. Separate orange into sections. Cut 3 of the sections into quarters; set aside for later use. Cover and refrigerate remaining orange sections for snacking or other use. Beat cheeses, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the orange peel and chocolate; mix well. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- SPREAD 2 cups of the cheese mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Top with layers of 30 of the wafers and half of the remaining cheese mixture; repeat layers of wafers and cheese mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping; cover.
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours. Top with the quartered orange sections and remaining 5 wafers. Cut dessert into 24 pieces to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.