Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A really yummy Filipino soup that has a flavorful blend of meat and vegetables, and guess what, it's good for you! Served with rice for a good lunch or dinner.
- 1 kg beef (for stewing) or 1 kg pork (for stewing)
- 4 small onions (diced)
- 1 head garlic (minced)
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 7 medium potatoes (cut to the same size as the beef)
- 10 piece Chinese cabbage (cut into four)
- 12 piece bok choy (cut into 3)
- 2 corn on the cob, chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml patis (Asian fish sauce)
- 29.58 ml oil
- In a soup pot, brown garlic and onion.
- Add in beef, water and bring to a boil, lower the fire and let simmer until beef is tender for about an hour or two (longer for more flavor).
- Remove all the resulting scum that will rise to the top of the pot and keep the stock clear.
- Add potatoes and bring up to a boil to cook potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and patis.
- Lower heat and add in vegetables and cook uncovered.
- Serve hot with rice, soy sauce/patis and calamansi to taste.
delicious! this recipe reminds me of my dear mother! my mother used the accent seasoning instead the salt. buen perfecto!
aahhh perfect.. U can play around with the quantity of vegetables. I added oregano to bring out the taste of the soup.
One of my childhood favourites. Your recipe reminded me of my Grandmother's.