Recipe by Girl@the rockshow
A really yummy Filipino soup that has a flavorful blend of meat and vegetables, and guess what, it's good for you! Served with rice for a good lunch or dinner.
- 1 kg beef (for stewing) or 1 kg pork (for stewing)
- 4 small onions (diced)
- 1⁄2 head garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 7 medium potatoes (cut to the same size as the beef)
- 10 pieces Chinese cabbage (cut into four)
- 12 pieces bok choy (cut into 3)
- 2 corn on the cob, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons patis (Asian fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, brown garlic and onion.
- Add in beef, water and bring to a boil, lower the fire and let simmer until beef is tender for about an hour or two (longer for more flavor).
- Remove all the resulting scum that will rise to the top of the pot and keep the stock clear.
- Add potatoes and bring up to a boil to cook potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and patis.
- Lower heat and add in vegetables and cook uncovered.
- Serve hot with rice, soy sauce/patis and calamansi to taste.