1/1 Photo of Nilagang Pata/Baka (Filipino Pork/Beef Broth Soup W/ Vegetables
2 hrs 10 mins
Girl@the rockshow's Note:
A really yummy Filipino soup that has a flavorful blend of meat and vegetables, and guess what, it's good for you! Served with rice for a good lunch or dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef (for stewing) or 1 kg pork (for stewing)
- 4 small onions (diced)
- 1/2 head garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 7 medium potatoes (cut to the same size as the beef)
- 10 pieces Chinese cabbage (cut into four)
- 12 pieces bok choy (cut into 3)
- 2 corn on the cob, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons patis (Asian fish sauce)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1In a soup pot, brown garlic and onion.
- 2Add in beef, water and bring to a boil, lower the fire and let simmer until beef is tender for about an hour or two (longer for more flavor).
- 3Remove all the resulting scum that will rise to the top of the pot and keep the stock clear.
- 4Add potatoes and bring up to a boil to cook potatoes.
- 5Season with salt, pepper and patis.
- 6Lower heat and add in vegetables and cook uncovered.
- 7Serve hot with rice, soy sauce/patis and calamansi to taste.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nilagang Pata/Baka (Filipino Pork/Beef Broth Soup W/ Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.0
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.8 mg
- Sodium 890.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 64.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper