Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tuna salad came together when I was looking for a recipe that wasn't the same old boring tuna salad. It combines two recipes with my own twist and is large for family functions! You can use more mayonnaise depending on how wet you like your salad and I use a sugar substitute because I'm diabetic.
- 6 (850.48 g) can solid white tuna packed in water, rinsed drained and flaked
- 453.59 g can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml lemon pepper seasoning
- 2.46 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml dried dill weed
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml dried parsley
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 44.37 ml honey mustard
- 9.85 ml sugar substitute (I use Agave)
- 44.37 ml sweet relish
- 14.79 ml sweet relish juice
- 1. Mash Garbanzo Beans in a medium size bowl.
- 2. Add Tuna, eggs, parmesan cheese, onion powder, curry, dried dill, garlic powder, black pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, and parsley, mix well.
- 3. Add lemon juice and pickle relish and juice.
- 4. Add mayonnaise and both mustards and mix well.
- 5. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes for flavors to marry.
- Serve with crackers or baquettes or make sandwiches.
I reduced the recipe to only one can of tuna. I enjoyed the result. It had a creamy texture and was well flavored. The thicker texture made it perfect to roll in lettuce leaves for a nice cold plate meal. Served with a garbazo salad and deviled eggs. Thank you for sharing the recipe!