The Chatterboxx's Note:
This tuna salad came together when I was looking for a recipe that wasn't the same old boring tuna salad. It combines two recipes with my own twist and is large for family functions! You can use more mayonnaise depending on how wet you like your salad and I use a sugar substitute because I'm diabetic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (5 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, rinsed drained and flaked
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute (I use Agave)
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish juice
- 11. Mash Garbanzo Beans in a medium size bowl.
- 22. Add Tuna, eggs, parmesan cheese, onion powder, curry, dried dill, garlic powder, black pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, and parsley, mix well.
- 33. Add lemon juice and pickle relish and juice.
- 44. Add mayonnaise and both mustards and mix well.
- 55. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes for flavors to marry.
- 6Serve with crackers or baquettes or make sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nikki's Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 772.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning