Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
No chilling time required with this easy recipe. I have been making this for many years. I usually have to double the recipe. You can reroll many times. Decorate with sugar or frosting whichever you prefer.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar; add egg and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters; sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake 375° oven about 15 minutes or until pale-golden.
- These maybe decorated before or after baking.
Very good recipe...I added 1 cup of peanut butter makes for a great peanut butter cookie recipe!!
Even my picky child loved it!
Used this for Recipe 227659 - delicious!! Will definitely use again next time I need roll cookies!
I LOVE the fact that this dough doesn't need to be chilled!!! This mixed together quickly and using 2 1/2" heart shaped cookie cutters, I made slightly more than 50 cookies. I used Crawfish Pie's cookie frosting on these cookies with some sprinkles and they looked cute. On some of the cookies, I put a small chocolate heart on the cut outs prior to baking and then baked them. After removing them from the oven, I spread the chocolate to cover the cookies and threw some sprinkles on them too. One of the recipients said that the chocolate ones were her favorite. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I'm sure that I'll be making these again!