Recipe by Nikki Kate
No chilling time required with this easy recipe. I have been making this for many years. I usually have to double the recipe. You can reroll many times. Decorate with sugar or frosting whichever you prefer.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar; add egg and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters; sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake 375° oven about 15 minutes or until pale-golden.
- These maybe decorated before or after baking.