Prep 7 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my family's favorite tomato sauce recipe--it's so delicious. A real kid pleaser. It can be used in many dishes and great for freezing.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Chopped onion, garlic and place in large pot
- Open cans and pour in turn on to high
- Add in seasonings and stir till blended.
- When boils turn to low heat let simmer 30 minutes.
- Check seasoning and add sugar if acidic.
- Also feel free to add more seasoning like salt, or try other seasoning like oregano or rosemary.
- Can let simmer all day or just 30 minutes.
- Also great for freezing, just place in airtight containers--lasts 3 months.