Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was really craving some pizza and had always wanted to try my hand at alfredo pizza. So after some playing around came up with this. My mother-n-law said it was the best pizza she's ever had and that's really saying something to get a complement from her like that! My husband backed her up and he's extremely picky! lol Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think. NOTE: It may look like a lot of stuff but if you do it stages, it really isn't, such as using left over chicken and making the sauce ahead of time and just setting it to the side til you need it.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use kosher salt)
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, peeled and finely minced (more or less to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons flour (I usually just use two regular silverware spoonfulls)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris or Semillon are all fine. Use whatever drinkin) (optional)
- 16 ounces half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or more, to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained of liquid (amount estimated)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 roma tomato, sliced (optional)
- Dough: In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil, salt and sugar.
- Add in yeast water and mix together, making a ball.
- Knead by hand 5-10 minutes, until when you press your thumb down the indention stays. *You could also use your hand/stand mixer if it has a kneading attachment for about 2-3 minutes or you could use your bread machine.*.
- Rub small amount of olive oil around dough, to keep it from sticking, and place in a large bowl, covering with plastic wrap.
- Place in a warm area to rise at least 30 minutes.
- Sauce: In a large skillet, melt 8 Tbs (1/2 cup or one stick) butter.
- Add garlic and saute' until garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until it make a thick paste.
- Add wine.
- Whisk in half and half and cook over medium heat until sauce has thickened.
- Add in parmesan cheese, and remaining 2 tbs butter and stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in spinach and stir until evenly distributed and heated through.
- Set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out dough to fit either your pizza stone or out on a baking sheet, curling edges, if you like, to make the crust.
- With a spoon, add a very thin layer of sauce on the dough and put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until dough is almost fully cooked.
- Remove from oven, place chicken pieces and tomatoes and cover with more sauce. (There will be extra sauce left).
- Return to oven for another 10 minutes or until dough is fully cooked.