1/1 Photo of Nikki's Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pizza
1 hr 5 mins
Lil' Miss Nikki's Note:
I was really craving some pizza and had always wanted to try my hand at alfredo pizza. So after some playing around came up with this. My mother-n-law said it was the best pizza she's ever had and that's really saying something to get a complement from her like that! My husband backed her up and he's extremely picky! lol Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think. NOTE: It may look like a lot of stuff but if you do it stages, it really isn't, such as using left over chicken and making the sauce ahead of time and just setting it to the side til you need it.
My Private Note
Pizza s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use kosher salt)
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic, peeled and finely minced (more or less to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons flour (I usually just use two regular silverware spoonfulls)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris or Semillon are all fine. Use whatever drinkin) (optional)
- 16 ounces half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated (or more, to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons frozen spinach, thawed and drained of liquid (amount estimated)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 roma tomato, sliced (optional)
- 1Dough: In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil, salt and sugar.
- 3Add in yeast water and mix together, making a ball.
- 4Knead by hand 5-10 minutes, until when you press your thumb down the indention stays. *You could also use your hand/stand mixer if it has a kneading attachment for about 2-3 minutes or you could use your bread machine.*.
- 5Rub small amount of olive oil around dough, to keep it from sticking, and place in a large bowl, covering with plastic wrap.
- 6Place in a warm area to rise at least 30 minutes.
- 7Sauce: In a large skillet, melt 8 Tbs (1/2 cup or one stick) butter.
- 8Add garlic and saute' until garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, over medium heat.
- 9Add flour and stir until it make a thick paste.
- 10Add wine.
- 11Whisk in half and half and cook over medium heat until sauce has thickened.
- 12Add in parmesan cheese, and remaining 2 tbs butter and stir until melted.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Add in spinach and stir until evenly distributed and heated through.
- 15Set to the side.
- 16Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 17Roll out dough to fit either your pizza stone or out on a baking sheet, curling edges, if you like, to make the crust.
- 18With a spoon, add a very thin layer of sauce on the dough and put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until dough is almost fully cooked.
- 19Remove from oven, place chicken pieces and tomatoes and cover with more sauce. (There will be extra sauce left).
- 20Return to oven for another 10 minutes or until dough is fully cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nikki's Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.2
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 649.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 16.2 g