Recipe by Dee514
This iced coffee recipe (from Alison Ladman) was published in my local newspaper on July 7, 2011. I hope you enjoy it! A wonderful beverage to sip on the deck, on a warm summer night. An adult beverage with a spiced sugar rim on the glass. The 1 minute "Cooking Time" is actually the shaking time.
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 ounce milk chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce vanilla cognac
- 1 ounce Kahlua, especial
- 2 ounces espresso, well chilled
- 1 ounce sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- On a small plate, mix the turbinado sugar, nutmeg and cardamom.
- Lightly moisten the rim of a double old-fashioned glass (or a large tumbler), invert the glass onto the plate so the sugar mixture sticks to the rim.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and add the chocolate liqueur, vanilla Cognac, Kahlua Especial, espresso and sweetened condensed milk.
- Shake for 1 minute and strain into ice filled glass.