Recipe by Brisket in Roses
found this on cooks.com....sometimes i substitute the milk for heavy cream to get a richer flavor. chilling time not included in prep time.
Top Review by rlassman
We have a 3 year old (who will eat anything) and twin 16-month olds (who are kind of picky!), and they all loved it. Of course, my husband and I did, too, but the fact that my kids will eat it was HUGE in our household. This is going in to my regular rotation.
- 1 (10 ounce) French bread (18-inch long)
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Cut bread into 1 inch slices and arrange in one layer in bottom of pan.
- Beat eggs with remaining ingredients, except butter, and pour over bread in pan.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate 4-36 hours. To bake, uncover pan, dot with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees in center of oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with choice of syrup, honey, yogurt, or fresh fruit.