Recipe by Engrossed
From: “Flavors of Africa Cookbook” This unusual drink is served for either breakfast or dessert in Nigeria. It is particularly popular in Lagos.
Top Review by cookiedog
Loved this one! It has the flavors of rice pudding in a beverage. I had the first glass warm and would suggest serving it that way on a cold night and then had a cold glass over ice and the spices seemed to come out a little stronger that way. Both were delightful. Made for ZWT family Picks.
- 1 tablespoon white rice
- 2 cups whole milk (I'll try 1%)
- 1 teaspoon sugar, more to taste (I'll try Splenda)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon orange zest or 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon zest