Recipe by realbirdlady
Peppersoup seasoning is a spice blend used in many nigerian soups and stews (not just pepper soup). Most of its components are difficult to find outside of Africa, although prepackage blends can be bought online or sometimes found in a specialty market. This is a simple substitute blend prepared from spices more readily available, adapted from celtnet.org.uk. This blend does not include tamarind, so that (or another acid, such as lime or lemon juice), should also be added to the soup.
Top Review by PanNan
This unusual (for me) mix of spices smells heavenly, and a tiny taste on my finger makes me want to use it very soon. I plan to try it in peppersoup or stew very soon, and will come back to post how it turned out.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, ground